Professional Prayer Practitioner Studies
In this 30-week course of study, you will learn the necessary skills for working with clients and the application of spiritual principles in human conditions through expanded use of affirmative prayer. Students deepen their role of selfless service to our spiritual community and hone the consciousness of a healing presence. Successful completion of this course with written and oral exams culminates in licensing as a Professional Prayer Practitioner (RScP) with Centers for Spiritual Living.
Monday nights, 6:30 – 9:30 pm
Dates: September – April. Breaks at Christmas and New Year’s and one week in February during the CSL convention. A Friday evening and all day Saturday retreat in January.
Tuition: $845 if paid in full or $885 paid in 4 installments. ($100 deposit by August 1, then payments at 2nd class of each term. Total is $295 per term for Installment plan.)
$125 for retreat.
Term One: The Practitioner Consciousness focuses on the consciousness behind the condition in major areas of life.
- Integrate and use strategies, techniques, and skills to identify the spiritual truth of life conditions.
- Perform Spiritual Mind Treatment spontaneously for any condition for self, others, and worldly affairs.
Term Two: The Practitioner Support dives deep into practitioner service and the skills needed to support others in their spiritual growth.
- Ability to conduct Spiritual Mind Treatment to facilitate spiritual healing for others and their diverse conditions.
- Integrate the tools, techniques, and skills to facilitate spiritual growth in practitioner sessions to clients.
Term Three: The Professional Practitioner in the World rounds out the training with focus on the practitioner vision, organizational responsibilities, and final prepartation for course completion and licensing.
- Retain organizational knowledge and professional practices for licensing with Centers for Spiritual Living.
- Complete the professional studies with an understanding of the role and responsibilities of a Professional Practitioner and a confidence to serve and share the Science of Mind teaching in the world.
Advanced Spiritual Living (Practitioner I) or Advanced Consciousness Studies, including the 3-week workshop at the end of class.
Students must also meet the six class prerequisites listed below. All certificated courses must be completed within the preceding five years of enrolling into Practitioner Studies.
*NOTE: This list is subject to change by CSL and is updated regularly.
I. FOUNDATION LEVEL COURSEWORK – Choose 1:
- Beyond Limits
- Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life
- Foundations of the Science of Mind
- Spiritual Principles and Practices
II: ERNEST HOLMES PHILOSOPHY:
- The Essential Ernest Holmes
III. HISTORY/PHILOSOPHY COURSEWORK:
- Exploring Roots of Science of Mind
IV. CONSCIOUSNESS – *Choose 3 (can include 1 course from the Electives category):
- Building A Healing Consciousness
- Consciousness and The Creative Process – OR – Creative Process in the Individual
- Meditation is More Than You Think
- Mental Equivalents
- Power of Your Word
- Revealing Wholeness
- Treatment and Meditation: Spiritual Practices for Daily Living
- Journey of the Soul
The Science of Mind, by Ernest Holmes, 1938 edition
Note: Many classes require The Science of Mind, by Ernest Holmes. There are multiple editions of The Science of Mind. It is recommended that students purchase the paperback edition by Tarcher-Putnam. Other editions may have different content and/or page numbering.
Living the Science of Mind, by Ernest Holmes
How to Use the Science of Mind, by Ernest Holmes
Creative Mind and Success, by Ernest Holmes
Seven Thousand Ways to Listen, by Mark Nepo
The Four Spiritual Laws of Prosperity, Edwene Gaines
Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof That You Can Heal Yourself, Lissa Rankin, M.D.
Conscious Loving: The Journey to Co-Commitment, by Gay and Kathlyn Hendricks
Who Dies? An Investigation of Conscious Living, by Stephen and Ondrea Levine
Stained-Glass Spirit, by Tracy Brown, RScP
For more information, contact us at Education@cslsr.org.