In 1954, meetings began in a private home on Clark Street in Santa Rosa.
Under the guidance of Rev. Arnold Hansen, the community moved to its first home on Orchard Street.
A new phase of growth began in 1978 under Dr. Richard Leo with the community growing to 300. Another surge in growth to 600, under the leadership of Rev. Mary Murray Shelton in 1986, resulted in the community seeking out larger meeting halls and eventually settling in the former Luther Burbank Center for the Arts.
Out of Africa via Los Angeles, our current senior minister, Dr. Edward Viljoen, assumed leadership in January, 1994. He has presided over the purchase and remodeling of our current facility at 2075 Occidental Road.