Advanced Consciousness Studies
NOTE: This is a new course that is currently being released by Centers for Spiritual Living and is subject to change. It replaces the ‘Advanced Spiritual Living’ course.
This is a 27-week course devoted to personal discovery, integrated spiritual practice, community building, and embodied awareness of living the Principles of Science of Mind and Spirit.
Completion of this course is the prerequisite for Professional Prayer Practitioner Studies.
Three terms of 9 weeks each. Monday nights, 6:30 – 9:30 pm
Dates: September – April with breaks at Christmas and New Year’s, and one week in January or February during the CSL convention, a 6-hour workshop between the 2nd and 3rd term, and a Friday evening thru Saturday retreat in January or February.
A 3-week workshop, starting in April or May, is available to all students who have completed ‘Advanced Consciousness Studies’ and is required for those who will be taking Professional Practitioner Studies.
In addition to weekly written homework and reading, you are engaged in the following activities throughout the 27 weeks:
- Active Spiritual Practice/Journaling/Prayer Partner
- Active CSLSR Member (If not yet a member, you agree to complete the next available Membership Class – 1 week, free)
- Sacred Service commitment, minimum of 10 hours per term
- Paid Practitioner Session required, 1 per term
- 100% Attendance is optimal
- Identifiable, conscious, consistent giving
This course will guide you on a journey toward what it means to practice the Science of Mind and to be fully human and fully divine.
In Term One you’ll discover your hidden beliefs and find out how your life got to be the way it is.
In Term Two you’ll learn how to incorporate principles and practices into your daily life to create the life you desire.
In Term Three you’ll explore what it means to truly embrace all of life.
27-week course: $765 if paid in full or $810 paid in 4 installments. ($100 deposit by August 1, then payments at 2nd class of each term. Total is $270 per term for the Installment plan.) Scholarships are available for students who have been approved to take this course. Click here to complete a scholarship application.
Mid-Course Retreat: $125
3-week workshop: $100
Beginning September 2022 students are eligible, with minister’s approval and variance, to enter Advanced Consciousness Studies after completing a minimum of 3 courses of study. One of the three classes must be a Foundational level class, and the other two classes must be from the list below.
Keep a list of your classes with the monthy/year completed. If you do not have this information, contact us at Education@cslsr.org.
*Subject to change by CSL
Foundation level classes– Choose 1:
- Beyond Limits
- Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life
- Foundations of the Science of Mind
- Spiritual Principles and Practices
Other qualifying classes – Choose 2:
- The Art and Science of Spiritual Mind Treatment
- Consciousness and the Creative Process
- Powering Your Decisions
- Power of Your Word
- Treatment and Meditation: Spiritual Practices for Daily Living
- Visioning: A Way of Life
IMPORTANT: If you are seeking entrance into Professional Practitioner Studies, you must complete the six class prerequisites listed on the Professional Prayer Practitioner Studies page on our website, plus completion of Advanced Consciousness Studies, including the 3-week workshop that follows it.
Required for an interview to enroll in Advanced Consciousness Studies, conducted in June and July.
- Completion of the Self-Assessment form
- Completion of the Commitment Agreement form
- List of classes and the month/year completed
- Written Spiritual Mind Treatment in support of your successful completion of Advanced Consciousness Studies.
The Science of Mind, by Ernest Holmes
Living the Science of Mind, by Ernest Holmes
NOTE: There are multiple editions of The Science of Mind. It is recommended that students purchase the paperback edition published by Tarcher-Putnam. Other editions may have different content and/or page numbering.
For more information, contact us at Education@cslsr.org.